|e-mail (800)344-NUTS (6887)Roasting Macadamia Nuts|
Store the macadamia nuts in a cool place until you’re ready to use them. A heavy plastic bag will prevent nuts from reabsorbing moisture.
You can crack the nuts and store the meats in a tightly sealed container in your refrigerator. The nuts store well, are tasty, and ready to eat. However, you may prefer them roasted.
To roast your macadamia nut meats:Since there are variation in nuts, oven temperatures, etc., it is best to monitor the process closely and adjust your times and temperatures to produce the color, flavor and texture to satisfy your taste.
- Preheat your oven to 225 - 250 degrees F.
- Place nut meats in a shallow pan, no more than two deep.
You may want to spritz the nuts with salty water just before you put them in the oven to give them a light, salty taste.
- Roast pieces that are close in size at the same time. Avoid roasting small meats and half pieces with larger whole nuts. They will roast unevenly and possibly scorch the large nuts.
- Roast the nuts for 10 to 15 minutes or longer, stirring occasionally. Watch them carefully. They can scorch quickly. Remove from the oven as soon as they begin to turn the lightest brown, The browning process will continue a short while after their out of the oven because of the nut oils continue to hold a high temperature.
- Cool them quickly to stop the roasting process.
Once you have removed the nuts from the oven, you may want to stir with dab of butter or naturally flavored oil, or a sprinkle of salt to flavor. Serve hot or cool, or store in a tightly sealed container in your refrigerator.
Macadamia nuts are the premier nuts of the world. Enjoy.
©Copyright 2015 Gold Crown Macadamia Association. All rights reserved.